I don’t know about you, but I don’t buy stock in political correctness – it has caused too many people to completely lose all the common sense the good Lord gave them. When did we stop teaching the fact that you can’t please everybody? It’s an impossible task. Truth be told, you’re only trying to please yourself – by avoiding conflict or an awkward situation. In doing so what we typically avoid is the truth.
Let’s try a some simple truth on for size;
- Our time is limited, make the most of it.
- There is no perfect partner, relationships require work your entire life.
- We were created male and female (Gen. 5:2) and designed to reproduce (naturally).
- There is only one you. Comparing yourself to someone else is a waste of time and is an insult your uniqueness.
- Joy comes from within. If you want to be happy make it happen.
- Nothing worth having is free.
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.”Proverbs 1:7 ESV